Are you planning to introduce your digital health app to one of the markets with a reimbursement pathway for digital solutions?
We are happy to share that EIT Health, a network of best-in-class health innovators backed by the EU, has launched a DiGinnovation programme that helps start-ups with CE-marked digital health solutions to accelerate their reimbursement. This programme will also match your start-up with relevant partners from EIT Health’s network and beyond to form an international consortium. After the international consortium is formed, you’ll receive tailored support, the opportunity to pitch in front of industry titans and the unique chance to receive grant-for-option funding for your project.
What will you get?
- Up to €350,000 grant-for-option funding in the project and up to €250,000 going directly to your start-up
- Personalised support from EIT Health´s highly qualified staff in matchmaking and proposal preparation
- Access to learning opportunities and expert advice through all the stages of the programme
- Increased reach by getting reimbursed by one of the European markers and access patients faster
- Access to EIT Health network and the chance to cooperate with topnotch healthcare organizations
Who should apply?
Start-ups or SMEs that:
- Work in the area of digital health
- Are a for-profit SME according to the EU definition
- Are incorporated in EU or Horizon Europe associated countries
- Got incorporated between 1 January 2015 and 22 March 2022
- Have at least two paid FTEs at the time of submission and a CEO working full-time in a company
- Have a digital health app CE-marked solution classified as a class I or IIa medical-grade solution under MDR or MDD – with a plan for MDR certification
- Plan to enter and get reimbursed in one market with novel reimbursement pathway in the next 6-18 months
- Meet requirements for the reimbursable app in the targeted market
- Achieved initial traction on the domestic market
- Have a digital health app solution with a minimum IML 8 in all four domains according to CIMIT Healthcare Innovation Cycle
The following activities will be supported:
- Clinical trial design and evidence generation
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Pricing and business models development
- Training for healthcare professionals
Do you want to find out more about the programme?
Visit the website here or download the Call Document here.
If you have questions or would like to find out more about the programme, join our upcoming informational webinar on 10 March, at 12 AM CET – Register here
Apply by 22 March, 11:59 PM CET . Start-ups should apply alone – without a consortium, but should clearly state which type of expertise they are looking for in the future consortium.