14 startups from the second round of the EIT Health Germany Headstart Awards 2019 are moving forward to the final stage
The second round of the ‘EIT Health Germany Headstart Awards’ is nearing its impressive final! We are pleased to announce that 14 startups have been selected for the final stage of the EIT Health Headstart Funding Programme. Congratulations to AbatonDigital, Cliniserve, Clinomic, CogniScent, EpiQMax,Hearable Labs, Ilvi, LivingBrain, Mentalab, MenuTech, Mindable Health, Nagi Bioscience, Refit Systems and Vicron.
The selected 14 finalists will be given the opportunity to present their innovative business ideas to a selected jury of 5 experts during a pitch competition on 13 November 2019 at the Frontiers Health event (Berlin, 13-15th Nov 2019). Seven winners will be awarded a 50.000 € grant accelerating their next steps towards the market and shorten the time-to-market for their innovative products and services.
- AbatonDigital – Connecting the dots for a better treatment outcome with a digital infrastructure for patients and doctors.
- Cliniserve – A nursing task management and communication system that helps reduce workload on nurses in stationary care settings
- Clinomic – Developing solutions for the critically ill patient by combining translational research, data science and AI.
- CogniScent – Software for risk assessment of neurodegenerative diseases
- EpiQMax – Decoding personalized epigenetics from saliva samples
- Hearable Labs – Augmented Hearing for Active Ageing
- Ilvi – A digital healthcare platform.
- LivingBrain –Developing a Virtual Reality (VR) -based approach to neuro-rehabilitation.
- Mentalab – Developing a wearable biosensor and data analysis platform to accurately diagnose underserved chronic medical conditions.
- MenuTech – Personalising nutrition and meal options in hospitals and senior homes.
- Mindable Health – A therapeutic app to help people overcome anxiety.
- Nagi Bioscience – “Organism-on-chip” technology for drug discovery and chemical safety assessment.
- Refit Systems – Integration of a mobile app for patient-therapist communication on the reFit Gamo rehabilitation platform.
- Vicron – Decision support system “Pandar” to reduce perioperative complications.