Register now: Telemedicine Workshop for EIT Health Partners and Supported Start-ups
EIT Health partners and supported start-ups are invited to join our telemedicine workshop to explore new project ideas and collaboration opportunities. The main goal is to create project proposals for the EIT Health Business Plan 2021 and to foster activities in the EIT Health Focus Area “Bringing Care Home”.
In particular, the workshop aims to cover the following aspects:
- Medical impact: Improving health outcomes via telemedicine for chronic patients and specific diseases (e.g. sepsis, infectious diseases); enabling remote diagnostics and health monitoring of patients
- Ethical & legal regulations for telemedicine
- Business models & reimbursement models for telemedicine
- Telemedical infrastructure and technologies in hospitals as innovation driver for digital health
EIT Health partners and supported start-ups can pitch project ideas at the beginning of the workshop and run a roundtable discussion in the afternoon. You can express your interest during the registration process.
Find out more and register until 15 September 2019:
10:30 Registration+ Coffee bar and snacks
11:00 Welcome + “Pitching your project idea” by partners and start-ups (5 min each)
12:30 Networking Lunch
13:30 Roundtable discussions round 1
14:30 Coffee break
14:45 Roundtable discussions round 2
15:45 Roundtable discussions round 3
16:45 Wrap-up of the group discussions
17:00 End of the workshop
Programme subject to change.
Partners are more than welcome to bring along flyers or one-pagers which they would like to display during the networking sessions or distribute amongst the participants as part of the event. (This is not mandatory!).
Logistical information for your trip to Aachen
How to get to the CT² – Center for Teaching and Training
Arrival by car
By car, take the Holland line at the Aachener Kreuz intersection in the direction of Antwerpen/Heerlen. Leave it at exit no. 2 AachenLaurensberg, turn right, then continue towards Maastricht, and follow the signs for “Uniklinik” on a 4-lane feeder road. After leaving the expressway, leave the roundabout at the first exit. You are now on Forckenbeckstraße. The first building on the right is CT2.
Free parking spaces are available in parking bays on the street. Directly in front of CT2, you will also find a restricted, fee-paying parking lot. Please note that the number of parking spaces is limited and it is therefore advisable to travel by public transport.
Arriving by plane
Fly to the airports
– “Düsseldorf International” or “Cologne/Bonn – Konrad Adenauer”;
– From both airports there are train connections to Aachen.
Arriving by train
Drive to the train stations
– Aachen Central Station or Aachen West Station.
– From both stations there are bus connections to Forckenbeckstraße.
Arrival by bus
On the opposite side of the street from the main railway station, take the 3B bus at bus stop H2. This will bring you to the RWTH Aachen University Hospital portal. Other connections require a change. There is another exit possibility at the Westbahnhof with bus connection of line 33 to the RWTH Aachen University Hospital. From the university hospital you walk about 5 minutes to CT2. Further information can be found at https://avv.de/de/.
Art Hotel Aachen Superior
– 4-star hotel
– approx. 90 to 110 € incl. breakfast
– Am Branderhof 101, 52066 Aachen, Phone 0241 60970
Aquis Grana Cityhotel
– very central location, 3 min. to the Aachen town hall and the cathedral
– 4-star hotel
– approx. 110 to 140 € incl. breakfast
– Büchel 32, 52062 Aachen, Phone 0241 4430
Mercure Hotel Aachen am Dom
– central location, 8 min. to Aachen Town Hall and Cathedral
– 3-star hotel
– approx. 150 to 160 € incl. breakfast
– Peterstraße 1, 52062 Aachen, Phone 0241 18010
Hampton by Hilton Aachen Tivoli
– Modern hotel, 18 min. to Aachen Town Hall and Cathedral
– 3-star hotel
– approx. 170 to 180 € incl. breakfast
– Merowingerstraße 2, 52070 Aachen, Phone 0241 9559300
– Modern hotel, 10 min. to Aachen Town Hall and Cathedral
– 3-star hotel
– approx. 180 € incl. breakfast
– Sandkaulstraße 20, 52062 Aachen, Phone 030 22385762
Please feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding this event.