Amgen and EIT Health launch #ProtectUrLife Initiative in 6 European cities
#ProtectUrLife is a patient-centric programme which helps facilitate the possibility of a full profile evaluation within minutes using innovative education and behaviorial training to give citizens the tools they need to face cardiovascular diseases and osteoperosis.
#ProtectUrLife It is invented for citizens, based on validated scientific approach and tools. #ProtectUrLife aims at opening doors to healthcare and is designed to empower citizens, raise awareness, encourage innovation in medical care and inspire research.
Organized in partnership with the authorities of each city, the #ProtectUrLife awareness and screening events around cardiovascular and bone health will primarily take place between Friday 19 and Sunday 21 October 2018.
The events will take place at the following locations and dates:
- Mercat de Collblanc, Barcelona, Spain – 19 and 20 October
- Place de la Monnaie, Brussels, Belgium – 19 and 20 October
- Pasing Arcaden, Munich, Germany – 19 and 20 October
- Jardin Albert 1er, Place Masséna, Nice, France – 20 and 21 October
- Careum Auditorium, Zurich, Switzerland – 20 and 21 October
- CosmoSenior Exhibition Center, Rimini, Italy – 30 November to 02 December
At each location you will benefit from basic screening tests to assess the health of your heart and bones, with each assessment taking only 20 minutes or less. You will also have the chance to evaluate your results on the day with the help of healthcare professionals, and access a variety of materials around healthy living.
The launch event on 19 October 2018 at 9:30 starts with the following introductory speeches and is followed by a meeting with press representatives:
- Roman Stampfli, Vice-President General Manager, Amgen GmbH
- Katharina Ladewig, Managing Director, German EIT Health GmbH
- Dr. Claudia Nerdel, Pro Dean, Professorship for Technical Methodology, Life Sciences TUM School of Education, TUM
- Klaus Holetschek, Member of the Bavarian Parliament and Public Advocate of the Bavarian Government
- Contact persons of the Patient Organisation “Organisation Familäre Hypercholesterinämie CholCo e.V.” and of the “Osteoporose Selbsthilfegruppen Dachverband e.V. OSD”
On 19-20 October 2018 between 9:30 – 18:00 you will have the chance to test your risk for cardiovascular diseases or osteoporosis by medical experts for free.
Please find a flyer and the media note for the event on 19-20 October in Munich below