This symposium will present the current status of digital healthcare strategies for Parkinson’s disease patients. The relevant aspects of instrumented outcome analysis will be covered for gait&falls, IT‐ based connected health concepts, and improved patient care using digital health technologies.
The most recent advances in integrated care concepts as well as novel developments of healthcare technologies will be addressed as well.
The goal is to update healthcare professionals, patient representatives, and researchers from industry and academia on digital health aspects of sensor‐ based gait&fall assessment strategies for clinical studies and care.
During the workshop, the partners of the consortium will present their current concepts and developments in the project. In order to discuss the options of implementing and testing the
Gait&Fall assessment battery, in clinical trials and clinical care, we will invite target stakeholders of PD management: (i) patients; (ii) physicians, physiotherapist, and specialised nurses; (iii) academic researchers; (iv) industry researchers including pharma, MedTech companies, CROs (Clinical Research Organisation), healthcare insurers, and political representatives (health, economics). The goal is to identify potential collaborations, projects and funding options towards value‐based medicine.
- Bas Bloem: ParkinsonNet ‐ next generation HealthCare
- Rejko Krüger: Deep Phenotyping for Stratification in Parkinson‘s Disease – the NCER‐PD Cohort
- Brian Caulfield: Mobile Platforms for enhanced Implementation of Rehabilitation Exercise
- Jochen Klucken: Gait & Falls Assessment Battery in PD – objective outcomes for research and care
- Björn Eskofier: Artificial Intelligence transfers wearables to HealthCare Applications
- Ralph Steidl: Mobile GaitLab – Clinical gait analysis and its scopes
- Christian Weigand: Patient Management Platforms connect People and Technology
- Heribert Baldus: Automatic Fall Detection, Mobility Monitoring, Vital@Homefor patient self‐management in daily life
When & where
To register please contact MN‐MoveIT@uk‐erlangen.de confirming your attendance.