BioEntrepreneurship Summit 2017
This event is in the past
Launching a life science or health tech venture is among the most complex and risky entrepreneurial undertaking, given extremely long development cycles, a strictly regulated approval process, high levels of technological and market uncertainty, and often extraordinary capital requirements.
Technology convergence and the transformation of healthcare towards digital and personalized medicine enables entirely new products and services and paves the way for new business models but also poses a challenge for future or actual founders. BioEntrepreneurs largely profit from sector-specific support and specialized training and acceleration. They need to have access to experience in a multitude of disciplines as well as an extensive network to build sustainable ventures.
The BioEntrepreneurship Summit aims to bring together all relevant stakeholders of the bioentrepreneurial and health tech ecosystem to inspire and to celebrate life science entrepreneurship.
Highlights and selected topics 2017
- Inspiring key notes
- Captivating panel discussions
- Interactive workshops and insightful lectures
- Exciting pre-seed and start-up showcases
- m4 award ceremony & party
- The future of medicine and key trends shaping the industry
- Start smart – experienced entrepreneurs share priceless advice
- Opportunity Identification: Discovering and evaluating the “Next Big Thing”
- The funding circus: How venture capital works, how business angels can be of value and if crowdfunding is an option
- Support from the big fish – what to gain from pharma and biotech accelerators and incubators
Selected speakers 2017
CSO, bluebird bio Inc.
Sebastian Meier Ewert
CEO, iOmx Therapeutics AG and Venture Partner, MPM Capital
Cambridge University Mentor, Cambridge Enterprise
LAB282 Expert-in-Residence and Head of Academic Partnerships, Evotec AG
New Venture Lead Germany, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
When and where?
Active participation – very welcome!
Pitch or represent your pre-seed or seed-ready start-up project
Offer a hands-on workshop or an inspiring lecture in bioentrepreneurship
Sponsor the event and tickets for students
Please contact: Dr. Andreas Berghammer (email@example.com)
Please mark your calendar – we are looking forward to seeing you on October 10 and 11 in Munich!