Ship for Health Innovation Pitches (SHIP)
Meet the best biotech, medtech and digital health start-ups in Europe for the Head Start award and the European Health Catapult.
The SHIP (Ship for Health Innovation Pitches) is an exclusive event for EIT Health Germany partners and friends to hear about the newest healthcare innovations developed by German, Swiss & Austrian start-ups.
On 26th of June 2019, during this year’s SHIP event, 16 teams were competing for one of the few places for EIT Health Germany’s 2019 first range of Head Start Funding, which support Start-ups, Scale-ups and SMEs in realizing their next steps towards European markets and shorten the time-to-market for their innovative products and services. 6 already pre-selected and pre-qualified start-ups teams also showcased their product inventions and joined the semifinals of the European Health Catapult, a collaboration between EIT Health and HealthAxis Europe.
The SHIP will definitely also set sails next year! So stay tuned for upcoming news on SHIP 2020.
Join our SHIP tour from 26th of June 2019 and watch the video on the event:
General information about the European Health Catapult
EIT Health is cooperating with the Health Axis Europe (HAE), and jointly invite already incorporated micro and small enterprises (with fewer than 50 employees), spin-offs and startups from all over Europe to submit applications that will award support to the best business plans in biotech, medtech and digital health.
More information about the European Health Catapult can be found on the official website.
Who can participate?
The European Health Catapult is open for micro and small enterprises (< 50 employees), spin-offs and start-ups (already incorporated) from all over the EIT Health community that
- Are active in the fields of Medtech, Biotech and Digital Health.
- Are already incorporated and operating in an EU Country.
- Have innovative business concepts.
- Are looking for seed or series A funding.
How will you and your start-up benefit?
- Attend an intensive 2-days training with 14 start-ups from all over Europe and receive guidance from experienced entrepreneurs and business experts
- Get access to an international network of world-leading medtech, biotech, pharma and IT companies that are partners of EIT Health and Health Axis Europe. These include, but are not limited to, Siemens Healthcare, IBM, Philipps, GE Healthcare, SAP, Medtronic, Abbott, Abbvie, Roche, Sanofi, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Astra Zeneca, Bayer Pharma, Merck, Air Liquide and world class research organisations in health care
- Benefit from early access to an international network of international investors (VCs, corporate VCs, business angels, crowd investors)
Our “Ship for Health Innovation Pitches (SHIP)” event is part of a great journey to accelerate your start-up to the next level:
Centralised training and selection days will be held for each of the three categories biotech, medtech and digital health. After being selected at the regional level, the 14 international startups will participate in those selection days. Each one of those days will have the following formats:
During a two-day training and selection event, participating startups will be teamed up with mentors (i.e. experienced entrepreneurs, investors, experts in the field) to optimise the company’s business plan and provide intensive pitch training in order to improve the startup’s ability to perform a funding roadshow in front of top-level seed or A-series investors.
During a one-day expo (immediately following the training and selection days), all participants will pitch in front of a jury and audience of market experts and investors.
The top seven companies per category will be selected and invited to pitch at the EIT Health Summit.
Final stage: EIT Health Summit
At the EIT Health Summit, prizes will be awarded by a panel of experts, industry stakeholders and investors (business angels, corporate VCs and crowd funders). You can get visibility within the EIT Health network and in front of top level seed or A-series investors of world-leading medtech, biotech, pharma and IT companies.