EIT Health Germany Annual Symposium 2019
(in collaboration with EIT Health France)
Two Countries, Two Topics, Two Days, One Target:
Challenges and Solutions in the Fields of ‘Artificial Intelligence in Health’ and ‘Antimicrobial Resistance’ –
A German-French Bilateral Meeting
For this year’s EIT Health Germany Annual Symposium we will join forces with EIT Health France to focus on cross-border cooperation in two very important fields: “Artificial Intelligence in Health” and “Antimicrobial Resistance”.
A plethora of challenging questions need to be answered to achieve progress in both fields now and for the future, and over the course of this bilateral meeting we aim to stimulate open discussion on both topics as well as develop and exchange ideas for exciting future projects and programmes.
All EIT Health Germany and EIT Health France Core, Associate and Network Partners as well as key players and stakeholders from the German, Swiss and French healthcare innovation ecosystems are invited to join us. (Seats are limited and preference will be given to official partners of EIT Health Germany and EIT Health France)
For this unique Event, novel ideas and projects in the fields of “AI” and “AMR” will be showcased [Abstract Deadline expired!].
Register for the event here.
Accomodations in Mannheim
Of course we have booked hotel contingents for our guests traveling far to attend the Event. Please find a list of hotels below where you can stay below (Keyword for all bookings: „EIT Health Symposium“)
Radisson Blu Hotel Mannheim
20 single rooms w/ breakfast à €169 (upgrade to double room possible)
(available until 9.8.2019)
NYX Hotel Mannheim
50 single rooms w/ breakfast à €145 (upgrade to double room possible)
(available until 9.9.2019)
20 single rooms w/ breakfast à €109 (upgrade to double room possible)
(available until 4.9.2019)
Past Annual Symposia
EIT Health Germany Annual Symposium 2018 & Ideation Workshop
“Supporting Care in an Interconnected World”
Under the topic of “Supporting Care in an Interconntected World”, EIT Health Germany invited
all EIT Health partners, health-related stakeholders and participants of the ecosystem to join
its Annual Symposium (including Partner Assembly of EIT Health Germany on 23 October) last year. For two days we focused on discussing, exchanging and most importantly drafting concrete project ideas in two of the EIT Health Focus Areas “Bringing Care Home” and “Real World Data”.
This event was a great opportunity to bring novel ideas, knowledge and technologies to the
table aiming to support care in an interconntected world, as well as to share results of already
ongoing projects on which new EIT Health activities could be developed.
EU Keynote Speaker
- Birgit Morlion, DG CONNECT, European Commission
- Zayna Khayat, SE Health & Singularity University
Other Programme Highlights
- Presentations from Regional & EU-Level Speakers on the Topic of “Creating Value through Collaborations – Connecting to the Ecosystem”
- Bernd Finger, Ministry of Science Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg
- Roberto Zuffada, European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP-AHA)
- Nicola Filizola, Communication & Public Affairs, Ambient-Assisted Living (AAL) Initiative
- Gala Dinner with Final Entrepreneurship Showcases aboard the ship “Königin Silvia”
- Guided roundtable discussions leading to project ideas for future EIT Health calls for proposals
- Scheduled individual meetings with three partners à 20 minutes plus free networking spaces and opportunities
Picture Gallery 2017
A selection of pictures of the German EIT Health Annual Symposium 2017.